Skip to content
Let's take the first step together!

Taxumo BizReg

Here’s everything you need to know to get your business started.

I want to do it on my own

Registering your profession or business can seem overwhelming but we believe you can do it! We’ve created an infographic that lists down all the requirements and processes you need to know when registering as a licensed or non-licensed professional, which you can download below.

For Corporations/Partnerships, please reach out to


I want to consult with somebody first

Still unsure on some aspects? We also offer consultation sessions with our partner CPAs, which is an hour-long, personalized, and open space discussion about your business needs.

I want somebody to do it for me

We can refer you to one of our trusted partner CPAs who can assist in processing your business registration documents so that you can focus more on building your business.


Business Registration FAQs

About Documents

If you are a Non-Licensed Professional/Consultant/Freelancer or a Licensed Professional (with Philippine Regulatory Commission License), you can refer to the documents listed in this infographic:

If you are registering for Sole Proprietorship – MSME with a physical store, or with tangible or physical goods, etc., the documents are the same as with professionals with the addition of the following:

  • DTI
  • Lease Contract if Rented
  • Birth Certificate
  • 1 2×2 ID picture
  • Valid ID Copy
  • Picture of Business Address (Inside and Outside)

If you are registering as a Partnership / Corporation, it is best to consult with a CPA first as the requirements may vary depending on the type of business. You can book a consultation here:

If your registration area is within Metro Manila, Pampanga, Baguio/Benguet, or Tarlac, we can refer you to one of our partner CPAs who can process your Business Registration for you. Taxumo currently does not offer services for Business Registration processing on its own.

You can also check out this infographic that details everything you need to know about Registering as a Professional/Non-licensed Professional:

Some Revenue District Offices require it, and some don’t. Here are some information about some city’s requirements:

  • OTR is no longer required in Makati and Pasig.
  • Paranaque requires personal appearance for OTR acquisition.
  • For registrants in Quezon City, upon receiving your OTR, your business or profession must be registered within a week. Otherwise, you may incur penalties.

To answer the question, you may submit your documents without it. In the event though that the BIR – Revenue District Office will require it, you will have to acquire one in order to continue processing your registration. The Occupational/Professional Tax Receipt can be requested from your municipal hall.

For each of the form, please fill out the following fields:

FORM 1901

  • Name
  • Address (including Barangay)
  • Contact Number
  • Mother’s Name
  • Father’s Name
  • Email address
  • TIN
  • Date of Birth

FORM 0605

  • Name
  • TIN
  • Address

FORM 1905

  • TIN
  • RDO
  • Name
  • Part II: 4E Change in registered address

You will need to use Form 1905 for the following: Change in Certificate of Registration Details (Change of Line of Business, Change of Business Address therefore Change in Revenue District Office or RDO, Replacement of Authority to Print, Change in Tax Type Details, etc.)

This normally happens when you are/were an employee before and your current business/residential address is different from city of your past employer, you will have to follow these steps:

Step 1: Fill out form 1905.(see FAQ #4)
Step 2: Submit your form 1905 to your old RDO. Ask your RDO officer on when your application will be approved (Transfer usually it takes 1 week).
Step 3: Go back to your old RDO on the date they said and the they will give you document it can be your Form 1905 with the stamp saying that your RDO approved your Transfer of RDO.
Step 4: Submit the document you received together with the other requirements.

We currently depend on our partner CPAs to handle Business Registration processing. For now, the areas we can service to are within Metro Manila, Pampanga, Baguio/Benguet, and Tarlac. We’re in the process of expanding our serviceable areas to include those from Visayas and Mindanao.

You can still refer to our website to guide you on how to register as a professional, freelancer or Sole Proprietor. Here is an article created by our COO in her blog:

About Payments

As we endorse all Business Registration processing to our partner CPAs, the payment process will also be handled by them. All processing fees should also be transferred directly to them.

In the event that you may require assistance from us, we ask that you include or carbon-copy (CC:) us throughout the whole process so we can keep track of the progress.

The fees presented by the CPA are only for their Business Registration service. Once you receive your Certificate of Registration, please do create an account in Taxumo. Our system is free to use and comes with a subscription-based plan that provides you with unlimited filings, attachments generation, a digital Books of Accounts, and account delegation.

You can learn more about our prices here.

Assuming all documents are complete, it takes 2-3 weeks to register a Non-Licensed or a Licensed Professional.

For a Sole Proprietor, it takes around 5 to 8 weeks depending on the processing time at the Municipal Hall and at the Revenue District Office.

For Corporations/Partnerships, it may take more or less 1-3 months.


Taxumo is a tax compliance web application that helps you compute, file and pay for your taxes.

Once you receive your Certificate of Registration, just create a Taxumo account by copying the details indicated. For other questions that you may have, please visit

You can file and pay your taxes via Taxumo anytime and from anywhere!

We advice you to consult first with a CPA so they can ran you through the needed requirements to setup a business in the Philippines.

You can book one here:

You can update your RDO through accomplishing the BIR Form 1905. Once done, submit two (2) copies these to the BIR. Make sure to indicate the address that you will use as your business address.

You can download the form here.

The first thing you have to do is to update your TIN status from employed to self-employed. This can be done as you register your business or profession with the BIR. Simply fill-up the BIR Form 1901, choose the correct Taxpayer Type, and submit these forms along with the other requirements for business registration such as Form 1905 and Form 0605. Once you’ve collated all necessary documents, submit them all to the RDO of your choosing for processing.

To register your side business, fill out Form 1901 and choose “Mixed-income Earner” as your Taxpayer Type. Submit this form along with your accomplished 1905 and 0605 forms along with the other documents needed to register your profession/business. The RDO will ask you how long your business has been running and in the case of late registration, you may be charged with penalties.

Once done, it will the follow the usual registration process as a professional, which you can find in this guide. This includes the printing of your OR/SI booklets and stamping of Books of Accounts.

Let's Get Started!

Send us an email for any other inquiries that you may have!